Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2 beta release

On Thursday 24 March 2005 21:41, Marcio Afonso Arimura Fialho wrote:
> Hi Evert. There's still the issue in the demo game not
> displaying accented characters correctly. (I apologise
> not having time to reply your messages previously,
> sorry).

Don't worry. Even if we release the beta after this weekend, we can still
do bugfixes after release.

> I'm still a little busy, but since you are
> planning to release Allegro 4.2 soon and no one has
> looked after this issue, I'll try to do something if
> possible (e.g., send a patch) this weekend.

By all means do - but if possible the demo game should be replaced by a
better one, and the old demo made into a seperate download. I posted
information about this in the form of a small competition on Allegro.cc a
while ago. I guess I should remind people to finish some nice demo games!
Of course, if no one contributes anything useful we would just keep the
current one.

Evert