Re: [AD] generic game loop

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 17:05 -0500, Jon Rafkind wrote:

> I can see a critiscm be "This is a basic part of games that people
> should know how to do and doesnt belong in a graphics library." but this
> is exactly the point, its so common( or should be ) that it might as
> well go in a game library, which Allegro is supposed to be.
>
> Just an idea, I wont be to upset if it gets shot down.

This fits into the current discussion what should be in Allegro and what
not. My idea is, something like this really should be there, but why not
make it an addon? What could be an addon, should be an addon. The core
Allegro should be just the base API (so yes, I would make Allegro like
SDL - with the difference that we would distribute it together with
useful addons, so (newbie) users never would know :) My idea with the 2
distributions I just mentioned in the thread below would put such a
game-loop addon in the 2nd, the "big", distribution of Allegro :)

--
Elias Pschernig