Re: [AD] keyconf

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 21:22 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2005 18:27, Milan Mimica wrote:
> > There is a bug in keyconf utily which prevents it from saving files and
> thus
> > making it useless. Attached little patch hopefully fixes it.
> > Attached is also croatian keyboard mapping. Please, include it into the
> > disrtibution. I hope it becomes useless soon.
>
> I was about to commit this when I remembered Elias was working on the
> keyboard stuff and I think this may no longer be needed... Elias?

Well, for DOS, it would still be useful.. so apply it in any case, I'd
say.

About windows, I think, we should use the backport of Peter's 4.3.x,
even if this has no dead-keys support. I can try applying it tomorrow,
and while in windows, I'll also look at the possibility for a non-dinput
driver which supports all keys. Can't make any promises for the latter
though. Simply applying the patch and moving keyconf related stuff into
a tools/dos dir would be easy though - so if we definitely want to drop
pckeys.c for windows in 4.2.0, I can do that. Users later complaining
about "I can't write any é character" we'd have to tell that it simply
doesn't work in the windows version (until now we could tell them "use
keyconf and create your own layout").

--
Elias Pschernig