Re: [AD] More AMD64 stuff

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
in MSVC7 intrinsics can be used to make nice C-like code that uses mmx/sse instructions. does GCC support them?

I'm not sure. I've used inline code like

inline int bsr(unsigned int n)
{
   asm ("bsr %%eax, %%eax": "=a" (n) : "a" (n) );
   return n;
}

but I'm not sure if that's the sort of thing you're refering to?

Or perhaps you mean using -mmmx/-msse/etc compiler switches to let the compiler produce asm code that uses those instructions (without backwards compat)?