Re: [AD] Allegro for WinCE ?

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 19:44 +0100, Lennart Steinke wrote:
> Marcela Nievas wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to compile Allegro 4.2 for WinCE.Net 4.2
> >Is Allegro prepared for this platform ?
> >

> If I were considering to do a "Windows Mobile" port of allegro,
> how would I start?

On the Allegro side, the best is to look at existing platforms, I'd
suggest especially the OSX port since it is the cleanest written in my
opinion. I wanted to write up some information on
http://awiki.strangesoft.net some time ago - but nothing much went of it
so far, just someone filled in this:
http://awiki.strangesoft.net/bin/view/Main/AllegroDev#Adding_a_new_platform

Feel free to describe your experience on the wiki though in case you
make progress with this :)

Also, I think it would be a good idea getting the new_api_branch (or
wait until it gets cvs head, hopefully during this month). It has some
base changes, like (finally) a proper events system. And Evert also
started on a prototype for the new gfx API AFAIK. In principle, it
shouldn't matter much though, I'm not sure how much the actual driver
vtables are affected.

> (BTW, I posted this before as well as another mail regarding getter
> function -
> none of this made it to the list - so I was wondering if a delay of
> several hours is normal?)

Yes. It's also normals for mails to just get lost. But then, it's hard
to find a better free ML server than SF (e.g. allegro.cc would have too
much downtime as well from what I see), and even harder to move the ML
away from SF at this point.. so let's just hope SF can fix their
problems.

--
Elias Pschernig