Re: [AD] get_volume()

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 13:10 +0100, Lennart Steinke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Allegro has lots of set_xxx functions, but only a few related get_xxx()
> functions, so whenever I want to know such a value I have to include the
> internal headers, which is kinda strange. If nobody objects, I'd a a
> couple of methods like this one (should be in sound.c, line 760):
>
> /* get_volume:
>  *  Returns the volume values that were set by the last call
>  *  to set_volume.
>  */
> void get_volume(int *digi_volume, int *midi_volume)
> {
>     *digi_volume = _digi_volume;
>     *midi_volume = _midi_volume;
> }
>
> They won't eat much space, and would be greatly appreciated.

Makes sense I guess.

> I'd also like to propose a way to get information about the currently
> "installed" features, like is_allegro_installed(), is_sound_installed(),
> is_sound_input_installed(), is_mouse_installed(), is_keyboard_installed(),
> etc.
> While it won't be that crucial for the endusers, developers of add-ons need
> these informations quite often.

There's already the public driver variables, like system_driver,
sound_driver, gfx_driver.. if they are not documented, I think they
should be. But since we want to avoid globals, maybe:
get_system_driver(), get_sound_driver() and so on should be added..

> I'd also update the documentation accordingly. I'm just not sure how I am
> supposed to make diffs, w/o CVS access?

It's described here:
http://awiki.strangesoft.net/bin/view/Main/AllegroDev#Creating_Applying_a_patch

Especially get "cvsdo" if you can find it somewhere.

--
Elias Pschernig