Re: [AD] get_volume()

> Allegro has lots of set_xxx functions, but only a few related get_xxx()
> functions, so whenever I want to know such a value I have to include the
> internal headers, which is kinda strange.

Well, you can remember the value passed to the set() function too... not
much of an answer, I guess.

> If nobody objects, I'd a a
> couple of methods like this one (should be in sound.c, line 760):

I don't really object and as long as its small stuff like this, I think its
ok.
Can you make or propose a proper patch for this?

> I'd also like to propose a way to get information about the currently
> "installed" features, like is_allegro_installed(), is_sound_installed(),
> is_sound_input_installed(), is_mouse_installed(),
> is_keyboard_installed(),

The internal way of doing this is by checking against the system_driver,
mouse_driver, keyboard_driver etc, so adding this would be basically adding
a set of easily inlined one-line functions.

> While it won't be that crucial for the endusers, developers of add-ons
> need
> these informations quite often.

True. On the one hand, I think it's ok for an addon to poke at Allegro's
internals. On the other hand, if it's not nescessary to do that, then I
don't think we should force it and allow for some API abstraction for addon
writers too.

> I'd also update the documentation accordingly. I'm just not sure how I
> am
> supposed to make diffs, w/o CVS access?

You can use the stand-alone diff utility (fileutils, I think), or you can
generate diffs against the public CVS server (that should work I *think*).

Thanks for your suggestions!

Evert