Re: [AD] msvc7 compiler options

At 09:04 AM 3/02/2005, you wrote:
On Wednesday 02 February 2005 17:20, aj wrote:
> i think i have managed to use diff.
> please find attached my 1st patches..  im no longer a patch virgin :(

Looks fine. I hope it wasn't too painful ;)

> this patch allows  you to type    fix.bat msvc7
> and it will define the COMPILER_MSVC7 var that later gets checked for
> in  makefile.vc
> which then  adds the -GL  (whole program optimzation)  command line
option
> to the CFLAGS
>
> if this gets approved, i shall submit another for targeting SSE1|2|3.

Sure! Do you know if gcc has flags for that? We should add it to the
configure machinery too in that case...

the msvc7 options for  sse  are  /arch:SSE

not sure about gcc,  but my personal notes for  mingw makefiles
has this info...  which i use as reference:

# -march=athlon64
# -march=athlon-fx
# -march=pentium-m
# -march=pentium4
# -march is deprecated, use -mtune

# -mfpmath=387   old skool
# -mfpmath=sse   new skool

# -mmmx
# -mno-mmx

# -msse
# -mno-sse

# -msse2
# -mno-sse2

# -msse3
# -mno-sse3

# -m3dnow
# -mno-3dnow

# -m32 The 32-bit environment sets int, long and pointer to 32 bits and generates code that runs on any i386 system. # -m64 The 64-bit environment sets int to 32 bits and long and pointer to 64 bits and generates code for AMD's x86-64 architecture.

aj.