Re: [AD] AMD64 patch

Peter Wang wrote:

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

I'm planning to commit this in a couple of days.  If it breaks
compilation on some systems, we can fix it afterwards.  How's that for
everyone?

I was thinking... shouldn't we include something like allegro/stdint.h,
which just includes stdint.h if available, and otherwise defines its own
integer types?

That's possibly a better idea than what I'm doing at the moment. I'll take a look at it before commiting.

Committed now, even though it hasn't been a couple of days :-) There's a new header, include/allegro/platform/astdint.h. I also added a couple of notes to the API changes document.

It still needs testers for MacOS X, BeOS, QNX & BCC32. MSVC looks to be okay. I downloaded the free version of MSVC and a small version of the platform SDK and built Allegro up to the linking stage, but then it wanted msvcrt.lib, which I didn't have -- it's not part of the free download (yeah, wtf?!) -- and couldn't find on Google, so I gave up.

Peter