Re: [AD] Updated todo

On Thursday 06 January 2005 13:57, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Should we add some of this?

Hmm... possibly...

- Add caching system to speed up filename#object and load_datafile_object()

This would be very nice to have

- more modularity under Linux

Not sure how doable this is, actually...

- Threaded Alsa driver, since the current one doesn"t work properly for at
least one person.

Wasn't Thomas F working on this at some point?

- Add an option to the X11 driver to use the current palette in 8-bit mode.

I think it may be too complicated to do without a complete overhaul of the
X11 driver...

- I think there was a suggestion to make Allegro use internally always a
specific string encoding format, say UTF8, so calls to set_uformat()
wouldn"t affect Allegro"s internals.

Yes, I think we definitely want this.

- Also, lift the hardcoded FLIST_SIZE limit from FLIST in src/fsel.c so
that the file selector doesn"t have problems browsing directories of  more
than 2048 files.

And this as well.

Evert