Re: [AD] [AL] XSetLineAttributes equivalent?

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 11:03 -0800, Dustin Dettmer wrote:

> Whats the general opinion about thicker lines with
> allegro developers?  I think its something allegro
> could definetely use.  1 pixel wide lines are rarely
> actually needed in games.

Personally, I think it is a good idea. I think it shouldn't go directly
into the new GFX Api though, but instead there should be a way to make
it modular. I.e. the core gfx API probably should only allow framebuffer
and OpenGL access, and then there could be other modules which do things
like lines, circles, splines..., polygons,...  - all with vtables and HW
accel. The rational is, if we have things like line thickness, then why
should we stop before we have all the libart functionality.

In any case, nothing speaks against making an addon using the current
Allegro primitives, which has new primitives supporting line thickness.
Or maybe someone can figure out how to use libart or similiar directly
together with Allegro.

--
Elias Pschernig