Re: [AD] [AL] XSetLineAttributes equivalent?

On Saturday 22 January 2005 20:03, Dustin Dettmer wrote:
> Whats the general opinion about thicker lines with
> allegro developers?

I guess it could be nice to have. I never missed it, but then again, no
other graphics library I'd used prior to Allegro had that functionality...
Unfortunately, I think this will require a large amount of code rewrite,
both for teh C code and inline-assembler code. Which frankly I don't see
getting done before 4.2 is due to be out. Personally, I don't feel like
holding it up for this... if we do, we'll just think of more things we'd
like to be in there and it'll never see the light of day.
I'll put it on the wish-list so that we can look at this again for the 4.3
branch.

> I think its something allegro
> could definetely use.  1 pixel wide lines are rarely
> actually needed in games.

True. A simple workaround for now would be to just draw the figure twice,
but slightly offset from each other. It won't nescessarily look nice for
circles, but I think it's the best that can be done for now.

Evert