Re: [AD] load_font patch

On Saturday 22 January 2005 22:21, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Hm, something I just noticed, old source code (in this case, ASE) which
> used load_font won't compile anymore, and because Allegro previously had
> no load_font, this might be a common function name. Maybe we should use
> al_load_font instead?

Hmm... I don't like adding the al_ prefix for the 4.2 branch, since it's
inconsistent with the rest of the library.
I checked for font addons that defined a load_font, and the only one I
could find that did was AllegTTF, which isn't going to work with the new
FONT vtable anyway (I'll just send a message to the author though... he
may want to update the library so that it remains compatible).
I think this is really merging functionality that was in addons into the
core library, where it belongs. So IMO, the addons should just be
updated...
That said, maybe we could add one of Allegro's tried-and-trusted
preprocessor directives so that Allegro's load_font() can be renamed to
al_load_font() if the user so wishes? I really don't want to make this the
default though...

Evert