[AD] Re: race condition when removing/adding ints

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:32 +0100, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> I feel this is a can of worms.. can't threads be simpler?

Ok, I was wrong before - the deadlock isn't on shutdown. It happens like
this:

background-thread, when installing the keyboard repeat timer:
holds x11 -> waits for timer

timer-thread, when drawing mouse:
holds timer -> wants x11

Luckily, there is a very easy fix, which also solves another
longstanding bug (Allegro ignores the OS keyboard rate) at the same
time: Remove set_keyboard_rate. I'll create a patch which makes X11 pass
through repeat-key events, and deprecate set_keyboard_rate. (Someone
else will have to update windows and OSX.)

--
Elias Pschernig