Re: [AD] Re: [AL] allegro DTD

On Friday 03 December 2004 09:57, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Well, for that, and espically for converting the XML into the output
> formats, some tool(s) will be needed. On the A5 list, the plan seems
> to have been to first use XSLT/python/perl/PHP, and then convert to C.
> Personally, I'm not too sure. We could just distribute html docs with
> distributions, and require CVS users to have XSLT (and maybe perl).

I think this is a good idea. One of the great things about Allegro right
now is that it doesn't depend (much) on tools/libraries being available to
run.
As we were going to require zlib and libpng anyway (we were, weren't we?),
I guess we could do the same for the document sources.

> Well, we could always drop the new tx. Personally, I find xml
> completely uneditable (without an XML editor). And the new tx should
> be like a wiki format, very easily editable in any ASCII editor - so
> there shold be no concern's because of the current _tx format, we
> hopefully can remove all the things that made it hard to edit.

I agree (well, I don't find the current _tx format that hard to edit, but
then again, I'm not much of a doc writer ;)). I think we should keep an
Allegro documentation format around.
Elias: I like .alx, but I'm not sure that it's obvious that it's a text
file...

Evert