Re: [AD] 4.1.17

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 18:38, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Hm, I missed it. When was it posted? I'd say, if it does work, and who
> wrote it is still maintaining it, we can apply it.

October 3rd, in the thread [AD] New possible driver and accelerated
features?, bu Chris Jones.
He said:
"In case it motivates anyone else to try, I thought I'd attach my DX8
driver (in so far as it got), since I won't be tinkering with it for a
while."
The GFX_VTABLE looks mostly ok, although I think the (video)bitmap VTABLE
is missing.

> Hm, so today in freeze, and release tomorrow. I'll try out your system
> cursor patch later,

I tried it last night and it doesn't work, even after cleanup. It crashes.
I'm going to burn some of the midnight oil on it tonight (ugh... tomorrow
is going to suck) and see if I can fix it. I realized yesterday that I was
mixing up two ideas in the implementation of it that somehow managed to
screw it completely.

> and maybe also get around to post a new
> scancode_to_name patch (with a non-crashing exkeys demonstrating it, so
> possibly could even have that in 4.1.17, if the freeze is postponed one
> day :).

:)
Sounds great. I was planning on sneaking the release in from work, but I
don't think I can fit it into my lunch break afterall. It's been postponed
two weeks, I guess it can wait another day. So at this point, I'd like to
put as much as possible into the WIP to make it very close to what we want
4.2.0 RC1 to be like.

Evert