Re: [AD] clipping without locking?

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 08:50 +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:

> I wasn't talking specifically about clipping.  IIRC at least another mechanism
> related to the mouse pointer timer is racy.

I see. Everything that can be done without locking of course.

Anyway, I'll try coming up with a patch which fixes the internal use of
set_clip inside Allegro to care about clipping (after 4.1.17). Then, we
can state in the docs for set_clip_* that concurrent access to the
bitmap whose clipping is changed need to be extra careful about locking.
And that the software mouse drawer is such concurrent access in the case
of the screen bitmap.

--
Elias Pschernig