Re: [AD] Re: [AL] allegro DTD

On December 2, 2004 09:15 pm, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> I'm just catching up on the mailing list, and missed this thread. So
> forgive my ignorance....
>
> > Oh, btw, what do others think about using ".alx" (pronounced alex :)
> > instead of "._tx" for the new ._tx format? It would be easier to
> > pronounce, and there would be no confusion with the old format.
>
> Is the new format going to be the XML file? If so, it should just be
> .xml...

AFAIK, no. But we're probably going with a simplified version of _tx, which we
then translate to xml, and let xslt do the dirty work.

the xml generated (with the current dtd as a guide) gets to be over a MB, hand
editing such a thing wouldn't be feasable.

> I propose to use more conventional names, as opposed to trying to make
> the file look pretty.
>
> examples:
> api-section => api
> cross-ref => xref

Agreed.

> (I'm not sure why we aren't using DocBook to begin with...)

I dunno. It was duscussed at length on more than one occasion, maybe check the
archive?

> Anyway, I'm all for getting rid of the ._tx format. It was a pain
> parsing through it to enter it in my DB.

Ugghh.. Is it ever. should change though.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx