Re: [AD] 4.1.17

Ok, hopefully my provider will allow me to send mail again (grrrrr)

On Saturday 27 November 2004 16:36, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> - HW cursor: I would like to see this in. From what I remember, the API
>   needed some minor clarification yet, but else it was almost finished.

Yeah, I hope to get that done this weekend (ie, today).
Shouldn't really take too long anymore.

> - keyboard: The scancode_to_name looks much more useful to me than
>   scancode_to_ascii, so I guess it should be applied. The exkeys change
>   probably should wait until we can figure out the crash Julien got with
>   it.

Agreed. I still have to hear back from spellcaster if my merging of his
detection code worked ok in Windows (but I see no reason it wouldn't).

> - Sven's color converters patch: was it applied already?

Not yet, because of the slowdown in the unchanged cases. I think it can be
applied, but with a note in teh TODO file that it needs a bit of looking
into by one of our ASM gurus.

> - Mouse driver for windows which supports touchscreens/tablets? Guess
>   this will have to wait until we get a windows developer again.

Yes, although several people (spellcaster, James Lohr) had patches for the
Windows mouse driver. In fact, I think I remember one patch that dealt
with smoothness of the mouse cursor in fullscreen mode.
I have the thread bookmarked, so I can dig it up easily. I don't think I
applied it yet.

> - BSD problems are all fixed AFAIK.

Yeah, seem to be. I haven't been able to test in X, but the library
compiles fine and what I was able to test (get_executable_name(), mostly)
seems to work normally.

> - BeOS/QNX problems which came up in the meantime already are fixed.

Yeah, that was some good fast action :)

> I'm sure there was a lot more, but too lazy to check, that's why I write
> this :) (And upgrading evolution to 2.1.0 cleared all my email markers.)

Off the top of my head: direct font loading functions (from datafile and
from bitmap) - these are in heavy demand and I don't really see a reason
to not have a load_font() function that can be extended a' la
load_bitmap() by registering a fonttype and loader function.
Extending the blender functions to use the new vtable entry that has been
in place since 4.1.16 but is currently unused.

I Should be Able (tm) to get these and the mouse patch done this weekend.
If there are no issues with them, then I'd propose putting the tree into
CVS freeze on tuesday/wednesday and do the release on wednesday/thursday.

Possibly some MacOS X features are missing: the mouse driver doesn't
support hardware cursors AFAIK, and that would be nice to have. I guess
this depends on how much time Angelo has though...

There is a preliminary Direct 3D driver that was posted a whiel back. It
doesn't perform well though, from what I recall, so at the moment it's
really useless. If it works though, maybe we can just apply it and hope
that someone will pick it up and make it work faster? ;)

What about Eric's patch to make Allegro work properly on 64 bit machines?
Was that ready yet?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Evert