Re: [AD] Optimized blitting between color depths

On Sunday 21 November 2004 21:22, Sven Sandberg wrote:
> It seems this patch makes things faster in some cases, and slower in
> other. The code for the slower cases is unchanged, so it's a bit strange
> it becomes slower. It could have to do with code alignment, etc, so
> maybe rearranging the code by trial and error could improve the
> situation.

Maybe someone like Bob or Eric could have a quick look at it?

> But I don't have time to do this. Should I commit now, or
> just wait until someone wants to improve it?

Well, if you're going to wait then there's a risk that the patch is simply
forgotten or that some changes are made so that the patch can't be applied
properly. That's undesirable.

I'd like to freeze the CVS tree for 4.1.17 WIP next week, so ideally we
should decide by then. I'll see if I can run a quick test on the results
myself; if the slowdown is not really severe, then I think we may be able
to live with it for now.

Evert