Re: [AD] new_api_branch news

On October 25, 2004 07:19 pm, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Hm - you're right, there's not much in the todo.txt for unix/X11.
>
> Since you're a perl wizard - you could prototype a ._tx -> XML
> converter in perl, I'm more and more thinking we should follow that
> idea.. the DTD for such an XML format can be found here:
> http://alleg.sourceforge.net/future/allegro_xml_documentation_dtd_draft_5.z
>ip. But it would be rather boring, so I don't really want to suggest this.

You'd be surprised ;) With what my mind started coming up with, It might be
quite fun :D I was thinking about using a validating XML parser, and XSLT to
do the transformations. Which will require a few perl/syslibs to work. This
way you don't need to bother with "plugins" or hardcode the output
formatters.

But because of that lib req, I have a feeling It might not be accepted.

And I just read it again, I was getting ahead of myself, and thought you meant
doing the xml -> [txt,html,etc] formats as well :o But if I get bored enough
I can easily throw together a ._tx -> .xml script.

> Testing the ALSA driver certainly is a good idea, I'm still puzzled
> what exactly that incompatibility between our systems was.. I'm mostly
> blaming ALSA though.

Ditto. I suspect its differences in the drivers, or possibly the way the cards
handle things?

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx