Re: [AD] Keypad behaviour

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 01:49 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:
> I came across a problem with the linux keyboard code.  If you have
> numlock off and press a numpad key, e.g. KEY_4_PAD, key[KEY_LEFT] will
> be set.  When you release KEY_4_PAD, key[KEY_LEFT] will not be unset.
>
> This bug can be solved without too much trouble, but I was wondering if
> we should just take out this misfeature of rerouting the numpad keys to
> other keys depending on whether the numlock is on or not.  All
> pckeys.c-based drivers will have this feature (e.g. DOS & Windows) but X
> doesn't.  I'm not proposing the change pckeys.c, but just to remove the
> feature from the linux driver.  Patch attached.

I think, there shouldn't be re-routing. Changing the behavior depending
on if numlock is on or off just is dumb - I almost got insane with the
C64 emulator "vice".. when you run a C64 program, the NumLock sometimes
allows you to emulate a joystick with the numeric keys, but sometimes
not.. well, I never could figure it out - it simply appeared broken to
me. After five minutes of switching the numlock key on and off while
changing joystick emulation menu options, it somehow works..

What does your patch do now? Remove this feature, or fix the bug?

--
Elias Pschernig