Re: [AD] 32-bit RGBA Alpha Blitting.

i welcome our dx7 overlords.

At 05:54 PM 24/10/2004, you wrote:
Allegro is an old man with gray hair...
No, seriously. Allegro is deprived of quite a few features that are
much more common today (I think).  One thing I propose is some real
32-bit rgba alpha blitting functons, AFAIK directdraw7 supports
accelerated alpha blitting. It would be a shame to put functions like
this to waste, anyway.  And don't tell me to use the trans sprite
function :P Thats not a real blit, so many things cannot be
manipulated. Aside from that, if we are lacking in accelerated alpha
blitting functions we can always rip bob's algorithm from fblend (I'm
sure he doesnt care, but hell probably respond to this post telling me
to die ;) )  However this is only one of the features allegro needs to
keep up with today.  Anyway, I might release an example of some
accelerated 32-bit rgba blitting with my directdraw7 driver, If I get
around to it.

- Jonathan S.