Re: [AD] allegro_message under X

Julien Cugnière wrote:

Also, I used fork/exec/wait as suggested by Stepan Roh. It should be simpler,
faster and safer, all at once :-) The only thing is that I'm not too
confident about my use of fork/exec/waitpid. It seems to work, but it might
need better error checking; and I'm not too clear about the interaction with
ressources that allegro might uses, such as signals.

I didn't try the code yet, but:

If the child fails on the `execlp', you should use `_exit' instead of `exit'.

It looks like the message will be written twice if `waitpid' fails.

Also, it's possibly better to pass the string to xmessage via a pipe instead of the command-line, although since you're not using `system' anymore, it's not as important.

Peter