Re: [AD] giftware license

Elias Pschernig wrote:
Yes.. but if we put a reference (which will turn into a direct link in
the HTML docs, I think that can be done with makedoc) it can easily be
found - while still having this in the appropriate section (which is
the FAQ).

OK

Hm. I see. Still, let's just remove that last sentence about public domain.
It will cause more confusion than information - since many don't know
what exactly public domain means and use it as synonym for open source.
The other question specifically about public domain should be explanation
enough.

OK

I attached a new patch against faq._tx - it has the above changes, and
some revised wording (but I'm no native speaker as well). And while
reading it again, I'm wondering about that last disclaimer (which I
guess is out of GPL or MIT).. it's much less understandable than the
one with the dog :P

that's because this one is for lawyers :-) as you mentioned we already have version for normal people :-)

+      any purpose you want. But the fact that the contributor holds the
+      copyright means that you cannot claim that you wrote the code.

well, i'm not sure about removing the "e.g.". it completely changes the meaning. i'm not lawyer so i cannot guarantee that this is the only consequence copyright has

BTW until some real lawyer will correct this faq we should provide one more point:

Are you totally sure about this FAQ?
  We are programmers not lawyers. This FAQ represents our current
  understanding of copyright law. Also remember that there are
  differences in the copyright law between countries. This FAQ
  is covered by Allegro disclaimer.

:-))

--
Regards,