Re: [AD] Documentation/tutorial

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 06:11 +1000, aj wrote:
> >I've been thinking about the documentation improvements. What is currently
> >not in the default documentation is a tutorial.
> >Now that we have proper documentation chapters, how about adding one?
> >I'd propose updating and including George Foot's Vivace tutorial. Any
> >thoughts on this?
>

> i dont feel that a tutorial should be kept in the allegro docs.
> 'how' you go about writing your game/app is debatable.
> best to leave that sort of thing in community forums.

I think, the tutorial would mainly be for users who have no idea yet how
to write a game in any way. Experienced programmers wouldn't need it of
course. And for beginners it can be more comfortable to have an official
tutorial right in the docs, than having to hunt on alleg.sf.net and
allegro.cc for one.

--
Elias Pschernig