Re: [AD] About the hierarchy of SourceForge's users

> My personal reason for not being an administrator is that I never
> really needed to be one. IIRC at some point I wanted Eric to create
> a mailing list and he used the moment to give me the position so I
> could do it myself.

In retrospect, this was very clever ;-)

> But other than that I don't admin this project at
> all. I don't have any personal use for Allegro, have not written any
> code using it in the last five years, would never involve myself
> in any code review of non unix related code at all in terms of
> maintenance, and only happen to have a fetish for webmastering.

I think you have been doing the work of an admin since the day you were
promoted (and even before) by maintaining the Web site, the mailing lists,
going over all the documentation, fixing bugs in the code left and right and
so on.

> In exchange you could promote Evert as administrator. All this I
> make public because SourceForge doesn't allow one administrator to
> remove himself from the project, so I need collaboration here.

I guess I should be downgraded, not you. And, of course, ideally the number of
maintainers should remain roughly the same.

--
Eric Botcazou