Re: [AD] Adding a d_subdialog_proc

On sáb, oct 16, 2004 at 11:30:32 -0400, Ryan Patterson wrote:
> I don't know what the general feeling towards the Allegro GUI is right now,
> but I'd like to propose a d_subdialog_proc addition to it. This would
> basically allow users to add one to their DIALOGs, with the dp pointer
> pointing to a DIALOG* (in otherwords, dp is a DIALOG**, not a DIALOG*, but
> either way would work)
>
> The function would start a dialog player and distribute messages to its
> children. A message could be sent when the dp pointer changes.
>
> The idea behind this proc is to allow easily changed areas of a DIALOG. My
> application, for instance, Will have an array of buttons during the game, but
> some informational text and a Start Game button before the game.
>
> What do you think of this suggestion?

I think that isn't a good idea to make the Allegro GUI bigger and
bigger, it should be the small possible to compile the main tools
included in the library (grabber, demo, examples).

I started a GUI library for ASE (Allegro Sprite Editor): Jinete, it
can handle moveable/resizable windows, windows inside other windows,
mix GUI windows with the game screen (use double-buffered too), create
windows layout in .jid files (like the HTML format). With a little
more of help, I think that this library could be something like a
"standard" GUI library for Allegro games/applications.

If you are interested, I could public the Jinete source code in the
ASE web-site (http://ase.sf.net).

--
http://www.davidcapello.com.ar