Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2 planning

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:17:36 +0200, Daniel Schlyder <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Evert Glebbeek:
> > Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

I think those tentative release dates are way too close together. I'd
put /at least/ one month between WIP releases, and probably a little
more before the non-WIP to make sure no issues pop-up.

> I'm at a loss for
> Windows, but for MacOS X I was wondering if it'd be possible to use a
> constructor function instead of the current mechanism?

Pre-main constructors are only gauranteed to be available with C++,
aren't they? For some reason I have a feeling that dat2c/s datafiles
have a default constructor even under C.. wouldn't that cause
problems?

> An ugly Windows issue:
>
> * Installing DirectAMX driver (from 4.1.15 onwards the default choice under
> Windows when using DIGI_AUTODETECT) silences audio players (including
> Windows Media Player 9, Winamp 5 and WinDVD 5).

It's basically just the DirectSound voice initialization settings (for
sound cards with limited hardware voices). We need someone with DSound
knownledge to look at it.

- Kitty Cat