Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2 planning

Elias Pschernig wrote:

I'm right now running an Allegro 4.1.17 with full XIM support :) Even
combination keys work perfectly.

Cool :)

Still need to test performance.. maybe it got worse by removing X
locking. And, there's some places which need extra synchronization now,
since x_lock and x_unlock simply are gone (may need some pthreads
locking now.. e.g. for mouse drawing, or special things like shutting
down). There are 2 independent connections to the X server, one for
input, one for output. The same connection may not be used concurrently
from two threads. (So I still get X Asyn replies right now, but only in
special situation, actually just on shut down).

Have you done anything with the DGA2 driver? The problem I had with two connections to the X server is that DGA only wants to deliver DGA events to the X connection that initialised the DGA extension. I don't know how to handle that cleanly.

Peter