Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2 planning

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 09:51 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:

> Have you done anything with the DGA2 driver?  The problem I had with two
> connections to the X server is that DGA only wants to deliver DGA events
> to the X connection that initialised the DGA extension.  I don't know
> how to handle that cleanly.

Hm, I remember, you mentioned that already.. didn't care about DGA2 at
all yet.

I'll just try what happens with DGA2 (that is, I can guess: my complete
system will halt :P) We really should find out how other programs like
xmame can use DGA2 without running as root.

If it doesn't work out, we can always check how SDL deals with it (they
use DGA2 as well, and they don't use XLock). And two displays may not be
the ultimate solution anyway.

--
Elias Pschernig