Re: [AD] giftware license

Matthew Leverton wrote:
There's nothing "wrong" with it, but other recognized licenses (such
as MIT) say the same thing with more legal authority. I think Allegro
ought to take on a recognizable license officially, and then keep the
"giftware" wording of sorts as a friendly explanation.

this was discussed already, but i was not able to find any OSI approved licence absolutely equivalent to allegro licence, so IMHO this is not possible. so if we want to do this than we can create new formal licence from scratch (i've already proposed it) or slightly change giftware wording. but i think that we could leave it as it is now (giftware+faq)

--
Regards,
    Michal