Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 01:54 -0700, Chris wrote:

> > There is a difference internally, because the mouse_sprite would be NULL
> > for a true system cursor, but not for a software or custom hardware cursor
> > - nor for Allegro's default cursor.
>
> Why don't you set mouse_sprite to NULL for custom hardware cursors? Or
> turned around, why don't you set mouse_sprite to the Allegro default
> when a system cursor is set? Consistency in setup (externally and
> internally) will make things much easier later on.

Hm.. if you are talking about the global mouse_sprite variable - I don't
think it should change at all. Code already may use it (well, I have
code which does) to draw a custom pointer, which is completely
independent of the Allegro cursor. It should always point to the bitmap
of that arrow and never be anything else.

--
Elias Pschernig