Re: [AD] Allegro on amd64-linux

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:48:26 +1000, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looks mostly fine, but I think you missed a #ifdef GFX_MODEX at the top
> of modex.c (or it is meant to be like that?).

Yes, it's supposed to be like that. The initial check for GFX_MODEX
affects the entire file, but I still needed split_modex_screen defined
since most people will check GFX_MODEX to see if those functions are
alright.

split_modex_screen is defined if GFX_MODEX is defined, but if
GFX_HAS_VGA isn't defined, then the function does nothing. I tried
compiling both with and without VGA (Mode-X) support, and the library
and example programs compiled fine.

Although you're sort of right. There was another method, a much better
one, right there. I changed the ifdef to look for GFX_HAS_VGA, and if
so, compile modex.c as normal. Though if it doesn't, it compiles the
empty function. This has the added advantage of the function being
available (however not necesarilly useable) regardless of platform, as
it really should be. Revised patch attached.

- Kitty Cat