Re: [AD] Use MMX to get fast

> which graphics cards will this work for ?
> allegro is a general purpose game library,  developing a specific piece of
> code for a developers machine is not good for the vast array of graphics
> cards the end user may have.

It doesn't look graphics card dependant - it just requires a CPU with MMX.

It's basically replacing a normal memcpy with an MMX QWORD copy, which is
bound to be faster. However, the actual code would obviously have to be
modified to fall back on the old version if an MMX CPU was not detected.

Also, I'm not sure what the implications of using MMX are, in terms of if
the program also uses floating point maths - I'm not sure how that all
works.

For straight memory-to-memory blits, I could definitely see speed
improvements from this code; in fact, I had assumed allegro already did it
this way.