[AD] Use MMX to get fast

"on what platform ( DOS, WinNT,2kXP, Win9x, Linux )  is your routines faster ?"

My routine doesn't need an O.S., it could be assembled in anyone (I use my own O.S.), it needs a 386 PC based, and the speed will be the same in any O.S. But I compare to Allegro running on DOS, WinXP and Win98.
My test is very simple, I have an animation with 180 pictures 800x600x32 (1.83MB), first I load all them to the memory (330MB) and I simple change these pictures.  My system is Pentium III - 850Mhz - 768MB - Video OnBoard. With my code I have 50fps and with allegro I have 30fps.
And I certified that everything was in Memory (not virtual memory).

I think it's very simple for you (allegro developers) to implement this routine in Allegro (blitmmx for example) just to test, its implementation is very similar to memcpy, but I use MM0 to move quadwords (8 bytes).

best Regards, Rogerio Uchoas Penchel