[AD] Fwd: Allegro fullscreen under Xwindow

Subject: Allegro fullscreen under Xwindow
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:24:58 +0200
From: Anino Belan <anino@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi :)

We haven't been able to set fullscreen mode under Xwindows.
Function _xvidmode_private_set_fullscreen (called with parameters
800,600,0,0) failed, because every mode avaliable under our X-window
system has htotal and vtotal equal to zero and condition for switching
to certain video mode is

       if ((mode->hdisplay == w) && (mode->vdisplay == h)
	  && (mode->htotal > vw) && (mode->vtotal > vh)) {
	 /* Switch video mode.  */

(lines 3199-3201 of xwin.c from allegro 4.0.3)

Solution of our problem was changing the condition to the next one:

       if ((mode->hdisplay == w) && (mode->vdisplay == h)
	  && (mode->htotal >= vw) && (mode->vtotal >= vh)) {
	 /* Switch video mode.  */

(sorry, we don't know exactly version of our Xserver, it is Xserver from
mandrake 10.0 official version - graphics is some intel onboard...)

We are not developers, we just fix our problem, but maybe, it could be
useful for somebody else. Send this message to Michael Bukin or to
somebody who maintains this part of allegro, please.

Thank you very much

				Tomi Belan & Anino Belan

Eric Botcazou