Re: [AD] chapters for devhelp documentation

On 2004-09-05, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The attached patch is a quick hack to add @chapter and @endchapter
> commands to makedoc. (Yes, I know, adding another hack to makedoc
> isn't the best idea :)

It's ok. We will son be able to prove with it Einstein's
gravitational fields.  At least add some description to
docs/src/makedoc/format.txt.

> What it does is adding another level to the devhelp TOC hierarchy -
> which really makes them a lot more useable. About all other devhelp
> docs have a deeper hierarchy than Allegro (including the SDL ones)
> - and the Allegro docs really were very hard to navigate with
> their multiple- pages-long TOC.

Hmmm... doesn't the CHM format already do something like this? Is it
done by the Microsoft help compiler or is it part of the makechm.c
file? If not, just apply it. That is, if you correct the devil
.texi format generation:

 docs/makedoc -texi docs/texi/allegro.texi docs/src/allegro._tx
 reading docs/src/allegro._tx
 writing docs/texi/allegro.texi
 /usr/bin/makeinfo --no-split -o docs/info/allegro.info docs/texi/allegro.texi
 ./docs/texi/allegro.texi:136: Node `Using' lacks menu item for `install_allegro' despite being its Up target.
 ./docs/texi/allegro.texi:136: Node `Using' lacks menu item for `allegro_init' despite being its Up target.
 blah blah blah