Fwd: Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

Forwarded from Evert (plus my response):

Patch works good here. I also applied the small change you mentioned in the other message to keep the right buffer. It seems your patch was a touch out of date though.. I got a couple hunk-relocation warnings with xwin.c.

> Yes, it predates your last patch. I didn't yet have time to
> synchronize my
> local tree (both my clean CVS tree and my working copy) yet.

I still think we should enable mickeys by default in windowed mode too, or else we're gonna have to change some of the example and test programs that rely on mouse mickeys in windowed mode. I just think it'd look silly to have:

> They don't work in Windows either. I don't see why they should work in
> X11
> by default. I'd put consistency across platforms first in this case.
> Bear in mind that with this patch, enableing mouse mickeys will trap
> the
> cursor in the window. I don't think that should be the default
> setting.

They work in Windows to an extent. In Windows you lose mickeys when you hit the edge of the destop.. that's a little more bareable than losing them when you leave the window.

if(gfx_driver->windowed)
    enable_mouse_mickeys(TRUE);

in those examples.

> You can just enable_mouse_mickeys(TRUE) without testing for windowed
> mode.

Then if you can't gaurantee they're enabled by default, why try to enable them by default at all?

> To be perfectly purist, you may want enable_mouse_mickeys(FALSE) when
> you
> no longer need to get mickeys (to re-enable the hardware cursor).

If you want the hardware cursor, yes.