Re: [AD] Docs and set_gfx_mode

On Friday 24 September 2004 10:19, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Christer, all the questions you ask are valid and show that the
> documentation was written by programmers for programmers. This means,
> you should be glad there is documentation at all, and you must look
> at the source code to figure out how things work if something is
> not clear.

I find that I can usually find the information I need from Allegro's docs,
but I agree that they more or less lack structure. For instance: I know
how to use set_gfx_mode(), set_colour_depth(), gfx_capabilites and I know
the ALLEGRO_VRAM_SINGLE_SURFACE define. But those aren't easily accesible
from a single entry point in the docs, or adequately cross-referenced in
the text.

I still think Allegro's docs are far better than what I've seen of most
other libraries, but I agree that they could and should be even better.

Evert