Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
It should continue to work, I think. Those are the two lines I asked you to
try to put in to solve a problem that ended up making no difference.
If they do though, then yes, they should stay.

I thought the two lines you had me put in were the regular mouse_x/y variables? Hmm, maybe it was those, I don't remember now.

You could be right, but since the default mode is to have mickeys enabled,
that will trap the mouse inside the Allegro window always (which is not a
good thing).

We pretty much have a decision to make, then. I thought the reason for doing this was to allow mickeys to work properly with the hardware mouse. Unfortunately in X, they're mutually exclusive.. You can't get proper mickeys while using the OS cursor when you hit the edge of the screen. So, the ideal way was to seperate them.. one mode where you could use the OS cursor, and another where you could get proper mickeys. However, to get proper mickeys we need to trap the cursor. The docs state, and have stated, that get_mouse_mickeys will continue to get mouse movement even at screen edge, so I think that should be the primary goal.

I personally don't see how you can expect to properly work with mickeys and not have problems with it leaving the window, anyway.. even if you could get true unlimited mickeys from the OS. AFAICS, auto-trapping the mouse is the only way to maintain code compatibility.. and it's not like the program can't untrap the mouse if it wants, either.

- Kitty Cat