Re: [AD] GIF patent / support

> GIF patent has expired in USA on 2003/06/23, and has
> expired or is going to expire in other country within the year.
> (Canada may be the latest, I am not sure, on 2004/07/07).

The GIF patent has now expired worldwide. If it's not going to be added to
the core Allegro, perhaps the FAQ page on the website should be updated to
explain that, rather than still blaming it on the patent. The way it's
worded at the moment suggests that GIF support will be added once the patent
expires.

Cheers
Chris