Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

On Monday 27 September 2004 20:43, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Well, is this really true? If I stop reading the mickeys for a
> whole second, when I read them again will they hold all the position
> differential since I last read them, say, under DOS? AFAIK the value
> of the mickeys could change even inside Allegro's mouse routines,
> reason why many cache the volatile global variable into a local one.

Good point. I seem to recall from the code that the mickey counter is only
reset when it has been read, but I haven't checked all drivers. I also
think that this is how the int 33 function worked under DOS, but it's been
eight years or so since I last looked at that so I could be mistaken.
Something to check, if only because we don't want to commit ourselves to
broken behavior in the future because we accidentally put that behavior in
the docs.
Another question is, if that isn't what get_mouse_mickeys() returns, then
what the heck does it return?

> Or is now DOS also required to poll_mouse()?

As far as I know, no platform is required to poll anything.
get_mouse_mickeys() is the exception, of course...

Evert