Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

Chris wrote:

On the X backend, support for RGBA cursors requires a sufficently new
version of the X Render extension."

Does it happen to mention which version it needs?

I didn't see anything.  However, from:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtk%2B/gdk/x11/gdkcursor-x11.c?rev=1.36&view=auto

I saw references to `XcursorBlah'.  This I found here:

   http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/Xcursor.3.html

Xcursor looks like a fairly comprehensive library for doing... X cursors. I'm wary of this sentence, though: "*Xcursor* will probably change radically in the future; weak attempts will be made to retain some level of source-file compatibility." Hmm.

Peter