Re: [AD] X primitives patch

Chris wrote:

As an aside, do you think it's feasable to use a Pixmap as a system bitmap in X11? Or are there no benefits to be gained there?

I'm not sure actually. Since the screen bitmap (when in matching depths) is the XImage buffer and you need to draw to it anyway incase X needs you to redraw the display, it's really the difference between blitting a Pixmap or an XImage.

In that case it makes no sense at all, since Pixmaps are stored on the X server whereas XImages are stored in the client program. The screen would have to be a Pixmap as well. Or am I missing something?

Peter