Re: [AD] X patch update

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
I think having a dedicated sound thread makes sense. I'm not sure what the plans from the original Allegro 5 draft were where threads were concerned...? That said, Allegro's threading needs to be looked at closely anyway (see the `make library internally thread-safe' item on the todo list).

I remember being told that the timers were all thrown into one thread because having them on seperate threads caused problems. What exactly was the problem, and would seperating input and sound into seperate threads have the same problem?

However, after having to reboot my computer due to it, I don't think I'm going to try persuing this again anytime soon.

Hmm... sounds bad. But we can look into that again at a later time I guess...

From what I could see in the 320x200 screen, it seemed to have been that it was a bad Xlib function parameter. If it's possible, I think the mode switch should wait until after the screen buffer is created, since it seems to leave the system in the program's video mode if buffer creation fails, and leaves X somewhat unstable (I lose keyboard input until I can run another Allegro program in X and close it properly).

- Kitty Cat