Re: [AD] BITMAP vtable questions and X

Okay, you can pretty much forget most of what I said here. I just read this little gem:

"X does not guarantee to preserve the contents of windows.
When part or all of a window is hidden and then brought back
onto the screen, its contents may be lost. The server then
sends the client program an Expose event to notify it that
part or all of the window needs to be repainted. Programs
must be prepared to regenerate the contents of windows on
demand."

Though, I suppose maybe there still is room for optimization. What I could probably do instead is let it update the memory bitmap "screen" as it does now, but instead of letting it go through two or three more function calls (one of which is a function pointer), as well as seemingly redundant clip checks, I just call the corresponding Xlib function. Virtual screens could also be kept since that would require nothing more than offsetting the drawing operations.

- Kitty Cat