Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

Peter Wang wrote:
It was my understanding that Allegro was supposed to use the
hardware/system cursor where possible anyway, as long as it could
properly change it.

I dunno.

Well, the hardware cursor anyway.. though I think this should be applied to system cursors as well (pretty much anywhere when Allegro doesn't have to worry about drawing it).

I don't think it's particularly difficult, but it's my understanding that
hardware cursors are limited to b&w.

I doubt that's true anymore. In any case, as long as the OS can handle the mouse graphic as-is for us, wouldn't it be best to let it? Even if it ends up using a non-hardware cursor to draw it (like Win9x), we wouldn't have to worry about drawing it in an timer. I know Windows can accept multi-colored cursors.. I've even seen Windows cursors that invert the colors on the screen where the mouse pointer is. I believe X can too.

- Kitty Cat