Re: [AD] Using system mouse cursor

Peter Wang wrote:
I'm all for this. It's been on the table for a while. I think the plan was that set_mouse_sprite(NULL) would use the hardware cursor where possible.

It was my understanding that Allegro was supposed to use the hardware/system cursor where possible anyway, as long as it could properly change it. How hard would it be to get Windows, X, OSX, etc to change its mouse cursor to the bitmap passed to set_mouse_sprite? Allegro should set GFX_HW_CURSOR under this circumstance since it would be being controlled by the OS and possibly really in hardware (I know Win9x has problems using custom mouse pointers in hardware, but Win2k, WinXP and X should be able to do it without a problem). THough in either case, this would still be true: "When this flag is set, it is safe to draw onto the screen without hiding the mouse pointer first." which is he whole point to doing it.

- Kitty Cat