RE: [AD] Update on gfx api

Any reason why we're not going with the original A5 one? I know my word
doesn't mean much anymore, since I don't have the time to contribute,
but the one I had proposed originally had a lot of thought and
iterations put into it to make sure it's easy to use, flexible and
extendible.

Of course, I have no say in the direction in which Allegro is going, so
feel free to ignore me.